The ASPB Environmental and Ecological Plant Physiology section (EEPP) needs two new members of the Executive Committee, and it might be you! We are currently soliciting nominations for Outreach Officer and for Secretary/Treasurer, two of the four members of the Executive Committee. Please consider nominating yourself and/or a willing colleague from any career stage, including early career scientists.
To nominate yourself or someone else, please email Courtney Leisner. Please submit your nominations by October 1, 2023.
The Outreach Officer serves a 2-year term and has the following duties:
- Manages EEPP social media (currently Twitter), particularly around ASPB meeting times.
- Leads webinar organization, with implementation support from the Executive Committee, EEPP members, and ASPB staff.
- Brings ideas and energy to keep EEPP visible and helpful to members.
The Secretary/Treasurer serves a 1-year term and has the following duties:
- Manages executive committee meeting schedule, notes and maintains EEPP section documents.
- Is in charge of the EEPP section budget and working with ASPB to manage and request funds for the annual meeting.
- Helps coordinate proposals and events for the annual meeting.
Here’s why you should do it:
Serving on the EEPP Executive Committee gives you professional development and leadership experience and an active role in science communication and dissemination. Our membership is smart, fun, and engaged. In addition to an entry on your CV, you will also get useful scientific and organizational knowledge that advances your career. As a member of leadership, you are also uniquely able to mentor and advance the careers of others.